AU Women of Dignity
Allen-U Women of Dignity mentoring program serves young adult women from urban and rural areas within the United States and abroad. These women represent a powerful and strong image of minorities, and they express a form of self-respect amongst themselves and others in and out of their circle. AUWOD displays a form of leadership, and their growth will illustrate that they are autonomous leaders.
To inspire young women to develop their own form of self-respect and the reverence of others at all times.
Allen-U Women of Dignity has become strong advocates for community association. Their contributions to the community have awarded them the privilege of being women of devotion The list of community involvement is as follows:
- Donated 60 valentine bags to children of Gonzalez Garden Head Start
- Monthly participation in donating $100 to local fast food restaurants
- to feed the less fortunate.
- Participated in a fundraising event for the women’s shelter of Columbia
- Allen-U Women of Dignity had an opportunity to attend the 2nd Presidential Inauguration of President Barak Obama in Washington, D.C. (Jan. 2013).
- Allen-U Women of Dignity administered a school wide poetry slam during “Black History Month” (Feb. 2013).
- Benedict College invited AUWOD to BC’s Relationship Building Symposium (March 2013).
- Allen-U Women of Dignity participated in the “Big Read” event held in Varnville, S.C. (March 2013).
Executive Offices of Allen-U Women of Dignity
- Founder and Advisor: Leticia Guice, M.Ed
- President of AUWOD: Sara Sanders
- Vice President of AUWOD: Breona Cunningham
- Secretary of AUWOD: Shameka Green
- Treasurer of AUWOD: Miranda Kidd
- Event Coordinator I Maweeha Green