Admissions Requirements

Freshmen Students

Transfer Students

Readmit Students

International Students

Non-Degree Admission

A non-degree applicant is a candidate who wishes to take courses for personal enrichment. Applicants must complete the general admission procedures. Official transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions. Applications must be approved prior to the first day of the semester; enrollment will not be permitted after classes have started. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.

A non-degree student may become a degree candidate if all admission requirements have been met.

Transient (Visiting) Students

Transient students are students who wish to take courses at Allen University while enrolled in another institution. A transient student is responsible for securing approval from the academic dean or registrar at his or her home institution to ensure the courses transfer back to that institution.

Veterans & Eligible Dependents

The Office of the Registrar certifies educational benefits for veterans and eligible dependents. To ensure receipt of benefits, eligible VA students must inform the Registrar of their intentions to register for classes and supply the number of credit hours they will be taking each semester. The Registrar then submits this information to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for processing and payment.

Beginning students should apply for a Certificate of Eligibility at their nearest Veterans Affairs office at least six weeks prior to the expected date of enrollment or apply online at The Certificate of Eligibility must be submitted to the University’s VA Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar to begin the benefits process. Any student receiving VA Educational Assistance payments from Veterans Affairs is responsible for immediately notifying the University’s VA Certifying Official of any changes in his or her degree program or credit hour load during the semester. The student must also report excessive absences.

Veteran records are released upon request when accounts are current. At the request of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, copies of a Veteran’s transcript will be forwarded to the Office of Veterans Affairs.

To determine your eligibility, click here