1. How do I apply for financial aid?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2. Can I apply online?
Yes, students should apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
3. When should I apply for financial aid?
After January 1?of each year: the earlier, the better.
4. Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?
Yes, the FAFSA is year-specific and most financial aid is awarded for annually.
5. What is the priority filing date?
Allen University’s priority filing date is April 1. In order to meet the Priority date, students are strongly encouraged to complete their FAFSA no later than March 15.
Note: To qualify as a priority filer, the Financial Aid Office must receive your FAFSA report (via the federal processor) and valid Expected Family Contribution ( EFC) on or before April 1.
6. How do I know if I am financially cleared to start school?
The Business Office has the sole authority to certify whether or not your account is financially cleared to start your classes. All questions related to this matter, should be addressed with the University’s Business Office.