Withdrawing from AU

A student who wishes to withdraw from the University must complete a University Withdrawal Form signed by the financial aid officer, etc., and return the form to the Office of the Registrar.

University Withdrawal Form: Must be picked up at the Registrar’s Office and/or requested if you are no longer enrolled.

Students must be officially withdrawn to avoid receiving an “F” in a course. The schedule for the final date for withdrawing from a course can be found on the academic calendar. Refunds will be made according to the refund schedule.

If a student withdraws from a course, his or her grade will be recorded on the transcript as “W” (withdrawal). See Academic Catalog

Provision for Military Students

When any person is activated for full-time military service during a time of national crisis and is required to cease attending a state-supported post secondary education institution without completing and receiving a grade in one or more courses, the following assistance shall be required with regard to courses not completed:

  1. Such student shall receive a complete refund of tuition and such general fees as assessed against all students at the institution.
    1. Proportionate refunds of room, board, and other fees which were paid to the institution shall be provided to the students, based on the date of withdrawal.
    2. If an institution contracts for services covered by fees which have been paid by and refunded to the student, the contractor shall provide a like refund to the institution.
  2. If the institution has a policy of repurchasing textbooks, students shall be offered the maximum price, based on condition, for the textbooks associated with such courses.

When a student is required to cease attendance because of such military activation without completing and receiving a grade in one or more courses, the institution shall provide a reasonable opportunity after deactivation for completion of the courses.

A student activated during the course of a semester shall be entitled, within a period of two years following deactivation, to free tuition for one semester at the institution where attendance had been interrupted unless federal aid is made available for the same purpose.