J. S. Flipper Library
Erected in 1941, the J. S. Flipper Learning Resource Center is located near the center of the campus. It is the information center for students and faculty. Users have access to books, serials, instructional media equipment, interlibrary loans, Internet capabilities, as well as other technology. The Library provides access to books from any academic institution in South Carolina through the PASCAL consortium.
- J.S. Flipper Library Catalog – The J.S. Flipper Library catalog contains records for all of the physical items located in the library’s collection (books, DVDs and audiobooks).
- EBSCO-host web – Business Source Premier, Regional Business News, Medline, ERIC, MLA; offers bibliographic information on journal articles and on journals in the humanities.
- SC Discus – South Carolina’s Virtual library provides free access to an electronic library of academic databases and journals for individuals of all ages, educational levels and interests. Please check with a library staff member for off-campus access information.
- Pascal – PASCAL is the Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries. This consortium provides users with access to various electronic resources and databases across wide discipline of topics and subject areas.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab – Provides free access to a variety of resources to assist with the writing process. Includes formatting and style guides for MLA, APA and Chicago.
- Interlibrary Loan – Search the Pascal Catalog to request books or journal articles not available at J.S. Flipper Library. Please speak with a library staff member for assistance with all interlibrary loan requests.
- Citation Styles and Documentation from Purdue Owl
-MLA Formatting and Style Guide
-Chicago Manual Style Guide
-Index for Workshops and Slide Presentations
Academic Computer Lab
The Academic Computer Lab is located on the first floor of the J. S. Flipper Library. Forty computers are available for use by current Allen University students. Printing services are also provided.
Rules and Regulations
- Allen University students, faculty and staff may check out books with proper university identification (ID) cards.
- Library materials circulate for two weeks, with the option to renew, unless otherwise noted.
- Students must sign in to use the computers on the main floor of the library and in the computer lab.
- Library computers must be used strictly for the purposes of class assignments and research. Non-academic usage is prohibited.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the library.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the library.
- Caps/hats, head-wraps, and do-rags should be removed prior to entering the library.
- Students must check out all materials at least twenty minutes prior to closing.
- Students who violate these guidelines or are disrespectful to the library staff or patrons will be reported to the Office of Student Affairs.
Library email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Library: http://www.flippervl.org/
Digital Library: http://digital.tcl.sc.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/allen